Posted on: 29 August 2017
Have you recently bought a restaurant that you are converting into a place where your customers will enjoy Mexican food? If so, from giving the entry way floor a different look to changing the roof, here are some ideas that might help you to give your new restaurant a Mexican look:
The Entry Way - Think about having a sketch or a picture of what you want for the entry way when you meet with the renovation workers.
- Consider adding an archway at the very front of the building. Brick or adobe would be perfect to set a Mexican mood. Another idea for the archway would be to use both brick and adobe and to use tile accents to give it added pizzaz. If you do select tile, choose a colorful design like Saltillo tile or Talavera tile.
- If the entry way is already tiled, think about just leaving it in place. However, if you decide that you want a totally different look, think about using concrete that can be faux painted by professionals. You can give the concrete the look of cobblestone like you would find in towns like Cuernavaca or Taco.
- Add lots of clay pots of different colors and designs. Fill them with bright flowers like geraniums, bougainvillea, and even rose bushes. Accent the area with clay or pottery Mexican birds.
The Roof - Of course, if the roof is brand new and in excellent shape, you will probably want to leave it in place, as that will save you a lot of money. However, if it's time to change or repair the roof, consider talking to a commercial roofing contractor who can advise you on the type of roof that would go well with the materials you are using in the entryway of your restaurant:
- If you are on a tight budget, think about getting a shingle roof. However, choose a color that will add a Mexican feeling to the roof. For example, a traditional terra cotta red would be great. A turquoise shingle roof would be another good choice.
- Think of the Mexican houses you have seen in places like Texas or New Mexico. You might copy the tin roofs that some of those houses have. Tin roofs are a great choice because they will withstand the weather well.
- A real Mexican tile roof would be absolute perfection. Even though this might be your most expensive choice, it will make your Mexican restaurant look very authentic. In addition, the tile roof will last for a very long time.
Think about putting a Mexican fountain somewhere in your restaurant. Whether on the inside or on the outside, it will add to the Mexican look you seek.Share